Adult Nursing Degree – Would you like to become a nurse?
Study Nursing at The Health Academy, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. In partnership with the University of Bolton we are delivering an Adult Nursing Degree.
- Working together with the University of Bolton, we will prepare you to become a confident, professional nurse, able to deliver the highest possible standards of nursing care within an ever changing health and social care environment.
- 75% of your time will be spent learning between our Preston and Chorley Hospital sites, in our state of the art Education Centre, Skills Labs and Simulation Suite; where you will perform a variety of clinical skills such as resuscitation and caring for deteriorating patients, or within our clinical areas contributing to patient care.
- You will learn to care for adults with acute and long-term illnesses during placements within our many specialist areas, such as the emergency department, critical care, theatre, coronary care, neurosurgery, major trauma and burns and plastics. You will also spend time visiting areas such as microbiology, pharmacy, paediatrics and maternity.
- Whilst on placement you will be supported by weekly visits from our team of clinical nurse tutors. We will work alongside you and help you develop into a confident and competent practitioner.
- Class sizes are small; we only recruit 30 into each cohort.
- A wide variety of teaching and learning strategies will be used, including lectures, presentations, simulations, seminar discussion, small group workshops, small group tutorials and one-to-one tutorials.
- We have a clear focus on our multi-disciplinary approach to patient care. Working with other professionals such as doctors and physiotherapists you will be able to check patients progress and decide the best plan of care.
- On successful completion of the nursing qualification you will possess the knowledge and skills you’ll need to perform as an independant, highly competent, compassionate nurse who can be trusted to maintain professional standards and assure the protection of the public.
- On gaining your nursing qualification you will be given the opportunity to apply for a Band 5 Nursing post with Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, you will be fully supported throughout this process and can have your final placement within the area you want to work as a staff nurse.