Public Relations – Level 4
The Higher Apprenticeship in Public Relations is a Level 4 programme, equivalent to first year degree level so you will need to have excellent writing and communication skills and be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, understanding and a desire for a career in Public Relations. As a Higher Apprentice you will learn on-the-job, picking up skills and experience from colleagues and mentors, while also studying for a nationally, and industry recognised qualification.
The course content for the Level 4 qualification typically includes:
- Finance processes related to PR campaigns
- The principles of operational management
- IT- how and when to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, EventBrite, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, etc.
- Planning and production processes involved in building campaigns
- Public Relations & Communications objectives
- Use IT effectively to support campaigns
- Build effective relationships & interpersonal communications
- Assist campaigns by carrying out many support tasks
- Produce content (including but not limited to press releases, policy statements social media posts, leaflets, op-eds, feature pitches, live events)
- Support production of non-written content, e.g. film production management, producing short user generated style content, live video streaming, social image creation, infographic production.
- Distribute content produced to maximise positive communications opportunities
- Evaluate results