Take out books
- You should already be a member of the library.
- Your library barcode ID should be on the back of your Trust ID and will begin with RC or RP.
- You can take out most of our books for 4 weeks. Exam books, however, are only issued for 2 weeks.
- You can take out 10 books and renew them 4 times over the phone or by using our online catalogue.
- To avoid fines, we can text you 3 working days before your books are due as a reminder. Make sure we have your mobile number.
- You can take books out at any time using our self issuing system. For advice on using our self-issuing machines, ask a member of the library staff.
Renew your books
You can renew your library books 4 times unseen either by ringing the library on ext. 2763/5022 or using our online catalogue
In order to renew your books using the catalogue you will need your library number and a 4 digit PIN number.
Your library number should be on the back of your Trust ID and begins with the letters RC or RP. For further advice, please ring the Library and Information Service on ext. 2763 or 5606.
- Both libraries have printing, photocopying and scanning facilities.
- Ask a member of staff to attach the printer or follow this guide .
- For work purposes your printing will be charged to the undergraduate department. If you wish to print for personal reasons then you will need to email the document to the library helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org (Preston) or email@example.com (Chorley). We charge 10p per sheet for black and white or 50p per sheet for colour.
- Use your Trust ID to login to the printer/photocopier/scanner.
- For a demonstration on how to use the printer/photocopier/scanner ask a member of staff.
Password not working
- You should have been issued with a username and password to access Trust PCs.
- If your password is not working then you will need to ring the IT helpdesk on ext. 2185. You will need to have the number from your Trust ID ready to hand.
- If you do not have your Trust ID with you then speak to a member of the library staff. They will email the IT helpdesk on your behalf.
- A list of useful telephone numbers that you may need to use during the next few weeks.
|RPH Education Centre Reception||01772524919|
- Both libraries have access to the EDU-WLAN network through which you can access Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, etc.
- The library has two PCs at Preston and one PC at Chorley dedicated to the Wi-fi network and you can connect to the network through your own devices.
- In order to be set up for with a password visit the library and ask at the enquiry desk