Basics of Bronchoscopy Course
Date: Thursday 18th April 2019
Aimed at for Junior SpRs, Senior SHOs, Bronchoscopy Nurses, Technicians and Physiotherapists.
A basic one day interactive bronchoscopy course designed to provide beginners with a firm grounding in essential principles involved in the practice of bronchoscopy, besides detailed instruction in the correct method of various sampling techniques to increase the diagnostic yield of bronchoscopy.
- History of Bronchoscopy
- Basics – Indications, Normal and Variant Anatomy
- Training to be a Bronchoscopist – A Systematic Approach
- Sterilising and Careful handling of Bronchoscopes
- Bronchoscopic sampling - Brush, BAL, Endobronchial and Transbronchial Biopsy
- Complications of Bronchoscopy – Prevention and Management
- Advanced Techniques - Current and Future
- Practical demonstrations, Hands-on Workshops, Simulation Lab
For further details, please contact:
Events Team, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Telephone: 01257 247681