European Paediatric Advanced Life Support course (EPALS)
Resuscitation Council (UK) Accredited course
Who should attend?
Staff as identified in the Trust's Risk Management Training Needs Analysis:
- Nurse shift leaders in theatres dealing with paediatrics
- ED SAS grades / middle grades / Associate specialists
- ED ST3 and above
- Emergency Medicine Nurses Band 6 & 7 CDH (Excluding ENP's)
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- All Medics (Including Consultants) covering the Paediatric on-call rota
- Paediatric Ward Nurses Band 6, 7 & 8
- Paediatric band 5 nurses routinely acting as shift leaders
- All Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Emergency Nurse Practitioners
How long does certification last?
Provider certification will be valid for four years
There is an online pre-course MCQ paper which must be completed prior to attending the face-to-face course.
Internal candidates where this training is mandatory:
- Trust consultants, Trust doctors: no fee payable though your study leave budget may be used.
- Nurses and anyone else employed by the Trust where this training is mandatory: no fee payable
Application forms must be signed by your Clinical Director or Directorate Manager.
All other staff, including Clinical Attachments and Locum doctors working at LTH: Fee is payable by the individual. The fee is £450. An application form must be completed.