SuppoRTT for trainees returning to work
Health Education England's (HEE) Supported Return to Training (SuppoRTT) programme aims to support trainee doctors, who have taken time out of training, to return to clinical practice safely and confidently.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals is fully committed to the programme, and working in conjunction with HEE North West (HEENW), deliver a regional support programme for trainee doctors across the North West and Mersey.
This page provides the following information:
- About SuppoRTT
- North West & Mersey Trainees
- Basic Surgical Skills Resource Box Loan Scheme
- Trainees at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals
- Resources and Downloads
- Useful Links
- Get in touch
Eligible North West and Mersey Trainees who have been out of programme for a period of planned absence can attend the SuppoRTT two-day course at Royal Preston Hospital.
The SuppoRTT Course comprises practical simulation sessions, interactive lectures and discussion-based group work and has been developed to offer trainees the opportunity to refresh their skills and knowledge across a range of generic themes.
The course is free to attend and content includes:
- Non-technical skills training especially decision making, team-working and leadership
- Developing resilience & well-being
- Cognitive Function
- Empowering and confidence to seek help
- Basic/advanced/neonatal/paediatric resuscitation training (depending on delegate needs)
- Deteriorating patient/collapsed patient — to include sepsis, haemorrhage and other relevant scenarios
- Team-working, leadership and focus on communication skills
Eligible North West and Mersey Surgical and Obs & Gynae Trainees can take advantage of the loan of a Basic Surgical Skills Resource box with the aim of refreshing their core surgical skills and techniques for their return to work.
Services available to LTH employees include:
- Access to SuppoRTT Champions for returning trainees and their Educational Supervisors
- Free attendance on SuppoRTT two day course (including simulation scenarios)
- Period of enhanced supervision before returning to full duties
- Regular guideline updates whilst out of practice
- Loan of basic surgical skills resource box for eligible trainees
- Signposting to additional services
- Links with HEE NW and Lead Employer
- Guidance and support from Trust Less Than Full Time Champion
Contact us as soon as possible if you are a trainee planning a break from training or returning to a LTH training post or if you are the Educational Supervisor of a returning trainee.
- North West and Mersey Trainees.pdf [pdf] 174KB
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals.pdf [pdf] 174KB
- Surgical Skills Resource Box.pdf [pdf] 478KB
To enquire about any of the above, please us the below contact methods.
Telephone: 01257 247681