Welcome to the Health Academy. We are based at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operating from three specialised educational units situated on our Chorley and Preston Hospital sites.
Here at the Health Academy we are invested in the welfare and vitality of the communities we serve and are committed to the provision of safe, effective and compassionate care through educational excellence. We provide a wide range of high quality educational services and programmes that support attainment, achievement and advancement for all staff who work in health care related services or aspire to do so. We are devoted to providing a safe, positive, supportive and inspirational learning environment for all those we mentor and teach.
The Health Academy Mission
“To support the provision of safe, effective and compassionate care through educational excellence”
- To be recognised as the centre of excellence for teaching and training in the North West
- To be at the fore-front of educational development and delivery to support the delivery of excellent patient care
- Integrate the Trust into the local community through education provision
- Working in partnership with others to deliver innovative regional education through entrepreneurial joint ventures
- Increase awareness and raise our profile
- Increase engagement
- Generate new partnerships
- Strengthen our status and extend our reputation
- Income generation
- Link our education service to careers and recruitment at LTHTr
- Provide high quality education, training and development for clinical and non-clinical staff and teams at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals.
- Support employers or businesses in the wider healthcare community, including the private, voluntary and charity sectors. We can help you ensure your staff and teams are competent, safe, compliant, can work effectively and can provide your patients and clients with the very highest standard of service
- Support individuals looking for a career within a health care organisation.
- Support individuals working within the health care sector who want to learn with other health care workers to refresh or upgrade their skills and Individuals looking to step onto undergraduate nursing or medical degree courses
- Support schools and colleges who want to engage in programmes to help inform or provide experiential learning to enhance their pupils knowledge and understanding of health care services and the many varied jobs and careers available
- Develop management and leadership skills at all levels across Lancashire Teaching Hospitals and support healthcare colleagues in external organisations to enhance their leadership tools and skills.
- Support employers and businesses who are looking for new, innovative methods in order to communicate or educate their teams through an interactive, blended approach which includes film, online learning, animations and e-books.
- Support health care providers, employers and businesses to improve their organisational effectiveness though providing advice and strategies for holistic OD interventions such as staff engagement campaigns, organisation diagnostics, culture change, change management, coaching, mentoring, selection, assessment methodologies and bespoke team development interventions