- Dates 07/12/23, 31/05/24
- Cost £170 (including lunch)
- Duration One Day
- Venue Education Centre 3, Chorley Hospital
This one day course has been designed specifically to train clinical staff in providing psychological first aid and clinical debriefs to staff members after they have been involved in a critical incident, or traumatic clinical event.
The day works through the evidence behind critical incident stress debriefing, before teaching candidates how to carry out both hot and cold debriefs and basic psychological first aid.
The day closes with a session on why debriefers need to be supported, and how we can achieve this, as well as giving a brief overview of different debriefing methods used in specific situations.
It maps to be both the RCEM and RCoA Curricular for Higher Specialist Training.
This one day course will help you:
• Understand the evidence behind clinical debriefing
• Learn how to facilitate Hot and Cold Debriefs
• Learn how to deliver psychological first aid
• Understand the need to support debriefers.
For further details, please contact:
Surgical Simulation, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust