- Dates Remaining 05/06/24
- Cost £170
- Duration One Day
- Venue Education Centre 3, Chorley Hospital
This one day course has been designed specifically by RCEM national faculty to train those involved in simulation based education (SBE) and ESLEs in Emergency Medicine. It provides an introduction to SBE from a trainers perspective and gives practical exposure for the new or experienced educator keen to be involved in SBE in the healthcare environment.
Debriefing is the most challenging part of SBE, and yet is the most important element. This course is an opportunity for you to spend a day with sessions
focused on debriefing tools and techniques.
This one day course will help you:
• Learn and develop debriefing methods
• Recognise which techniques are appropriate for different situations
• Practice applying debriefing tools with expert supervision
• Understand principles of RCEM ESLE specific training
This course is facilitated by a multi-disciplinary faculty who are experienced and enthusiastic practitioners of simulation within a wide range of healthcare
Medical or nursing staff in Emergency Medicine who have, or are developing a
training element to their role that requires the use of simulation methods
and/or equipment to put into practice.
• Higher trainee (ST4+) or Consultant in Emergency Medicine
• Nursing staff: Practice development nurse / ACP / Band 6+ with training
• Allied Health Professionals who have completion of GIC or other Instructor
Course or a higher degree in education
• Simulation Fellows
No previous simulation experience required, just enthusiasm!