- Course Date To be confirmed
- Course Venue Health Academy, Royal Preston Hospital, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 9HT
- Course Fee To be confirmed
This one day course provides introductory training on the topic of Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Insertion.
Teaching includes many practical hands-on small group sessions. Delegates are provided with plenty of opportunities to practice percutaneous insertion of the peritoneal dialysis catheter on purpose-built models in a stress-free environment.
- Promoting Home Therapies and Peritoneal Dialysis
- The PD Pathway
- Patient Suitability, Indications and Contraindications
- Preparation and Pre-op Care
- Post-op Management and Complications
- Applied Cases
- Basic Surgical Skills including Gowning and Gloving
- Local Anaesthesia
- Exit Site Selection
- Identification of Peritoneal Anatomy via Ultrasound Scan
- PD Catheter Insertion Procedure
For further details, please contact:
Surgical Simulation, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Enhanced PPE will be available as per PHE guidance and appropriate social distancing will be adhered to throughout the course.