The Health Academy sits within the Workforce and Education directorate of Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and is responsible for the education and training of its workforce whilst also providing external healthcare related training services.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make an enquiry to The Health Academy. Personal information (or personal data) is any information which relates to and identifies you. Data protection legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018) sets out how we should handle your personal information.
What information do we collect from you?
In addition to using cookies on our website, we may collect the following information. We will always ask before we collect such information:
- Name, job title, employment organisation;
- Contact information including email address and telephone/mobile number;
- Information relevant to services offered by The Health Academy, which may include:
- Date of birth
- Information relating to your education and employment history, the school(s), sixth form college(s) and other colleges or universities you have attended and places where you have worked, the courses you have completed, dates of study and examination results
- Information used to contact you or your next of kin in case of an emergency.
How is your information collected?
We collect information from you when you complete an electronic enquiry form on our website. Other enquiry routes may include, but isn’t limited to, letter, email, telephone, social media or an enquiry in person.
What is the purpose of processing your data?
When you make an enquiry to The Health Academy, we will use your information to answer your enquiry and to communicate effectively with you. We may periodically send promotional emails about our courses, services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
You can opt out of receiving communications from us by contacting email@example.com at any time.
How do we keep your information secure?
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has robust Information security policies in place to protect your information. Your information will be stored on the Trust’s secure electronic systems and all staff within The Health Academy have a responsibility to make sure that your data is handled securely.
What is the Legal basis for processing your information?
The Health Academy relies on the following legal bases from the GDPR to process information about you for the purposes set out in this notice:
Article 6(1)(a), which allows us to process personal data where you have provided your consent. Where we rely on consent, we will ensure your consent is freely given, fully informed and that you can withdraw it at any time.
Article 6(1)(f), which allows us to process personal data where it is in our, or someone else’s, legitimate interests to do so and it does not unduly prejudice your rights and freedoms. We rely on this to:
- respond to your enquiry and keep records of your enquiry and our response.
- inform you about future events, services and courses relevant to your initial enquiry. It is in The Health Academy’s legitimate interests to promote its services, courses and events to those who may be interested.
How long is your information stored for?
We do not keep data longer than is necessary and will keep online form completion data for the current academic year and one further academic year. Academic years run from 1st September to the 31st August.
Who is your information shared with?
When you provide us with your personal data, we will only use it for the reason you provided. This data will not be shared with a third party unless you are informed that this will happen and you agree. For example, you may enquire about a programme run alongside an education partner and we may seek your consent to pass this information on if it is necessary to process your enquiry.
What are your individual rights?
Data Protection law gives individuals rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. These are:
- To be informed why, where and how we use your information
- To ask for access to your information
- To ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- To ask us to restrict the use of your information
- To ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- To object to how your information is used
- To challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
You have the right to refuse (or withdraw) consent to information sharing at any time. However, this may not be possible if the sharing is a mandatory or legal requirement imposed on the trust.
You can also view a copy of the Trust’s Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about the personal information that we hold about you, or have any concerns as to how your data is processed, you can contact The Health Academy on 01772 52 1444, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Business & Operations Team, Education Centre 2, Royal Preston Hospital, Sharoe Green Lane, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9HT.
You can also contact the Trust’s Head of Information Governance by email at DPO@lthtr.nhs.uk.
Changes to this policy
This Notice has been developed to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This Notice is regularly reviewed and sometimes updated. It is important that you check for updates to this Notice which could be made at any time.