Accountancy – Levels 2, 3 & 4
Course Overview Level 2
The Association of Accounting Technician qualification is a competence-based qualification that gives you the relevant and practical skills to do a wide range of accounting and finance jobs. The majority of students will commence their studies at level 2. However, some may be able to start at a Level 3 depending upon accounting qualifications already held and/or work experience.
Level 2 Certificate:
- Principles of recording and processing financial transactions
- Maintaining and reconciling the cashbook
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
- Maintaining control accounts and the journal
- Maintaining petty cash records
- Work effectively in accounting and finance
- Basic principles of costing Computerised accounting software
Course Overview Level 3
The AAT Accounting Qualification provides a pathway to a successful career in accounting and finance. Our apprenticeship delivery will give you the practical skills and financial expertise to follow a rewarding career in professional accountancy.
The AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting is the intermediate level of the AAT Accounting Qualification. It offers technical training in accounting and its main purpose is to provide apprentices with specialist knowledge and skills to gain employment in an accounting role and / or the opportunity to progress to further qualification in accountancy or a related field.
At this intermediate level, you’ll master more complex financial processes.
The course content for the level 3 qualification typically includes:
- Extending the trial balance using Accounting adjustments
- Prepare accounts for Sole Traders and partnerships
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Principles of cash management
- Principles of costing
- Preparing and completing VAT returns
- Professional ethics in accounting and finance
- Spreadsheet software