- Duration 1 day
- Cost £175 (New price take effect from 1st August 2023)
- Venue Education Centre 2, RPH, Preston, PR2 9HT
- Date Please contact email@example.com for dates
- Start Time 08:30am
The ILS course is suitable for doctors, medical students, nurses, nursing students, midwives, healthcare providers such as physiotherapists, dentist and ambulance technicians. It may also be suitable for fire service technicians, police personnel and prison officers.
The Resuscitation Council (UK) Immediate Life Support (ILS) course was launched in 2002. It was developed in response to a demand from healthcare professionals who may have to act as first responders and treat patients in cardiac arrest until the arrival of a cardiac arrest team.
The ILS course teaches the knowledge and skills to:
- identify the causes and promote the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest
- recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach
- undertake the skills of quality CPR and defibrillation (manual and /or AED) and simple airway manoeuvres.
- utilise non-technical skills to facilitate initial leadership and effective team membership
The ILS course is run over one day and the course programme consists of one lecture, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach).
Assessment is continuous and is guided by the assessment forms provided for each core skill (e.g. initial resuscitation and assessment, and airway management). Copies of the assessment forms should be forwarded to the candidate with their manual.
Successful candidates receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) ILS provider certificate, which is valid for one year. The ILS course is recognised for up to 5 continuing professional development (CPD) points. If you would like to apply for this course, please complete the online application form.