Facilities Services – Level 2
Course Overview – Level 2
The Facilities Service Apprenticeship ensures that learners have an all-round knowledge of the skills needed to work within facilities management. It provides an individual with a comprehensive understanding of the industry, future employment opportunities or further learning. As an Apprentice in facilities services you could be working as an assistant to a facilities manager, supervising one or more of the facilities or services. You will be involved in resolving issues and making sure the facilities are running smoothly.
The course content for the Level 2 qualification typically includes:
- Reduce risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Promote and maintain service delivery
- Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of premises and facilities, or develop customer relationships.
- Control the use of resources in a facilities service environment
- Maintain grounds and facilities
- Maintain site security
- Control entry and egress to premises
- Carry out minor maintenance including electrical and plumbing
- Dealing with routine and non- routine waste
- Patient transfer