- Cost £150
- Course Duration One Day
- Dates 02/03/23, 13/04/23, 03/05/23, 15/06/23, 27/07/23, 26/10/23, 09/08/23, 15/11/23, 13/12/23
This one day practical trauma training course involves workshops and trauma scenarios within a high fidelity simulation centre. The course is appropriate for emergency department nurses, operating department practitioners, major trauma ward nurses, paramedics and foundation doctors.
Course Content Covers:
• Kinematics and mechanism of injury
• Human factors and non-technical skills
• Airway Management
• Chest injury recognition and assessment
• Circulatory assessment and shock
• Pelvic splints and use of tourniquets
• Head injury recognition and assessment
• Spinal injury management and awareness
Course cost is £150 including lunch. Course fees for internal candidates (nurses/AHP’s/ODP’s) can be funded via CPD, application for course places must have approval from their clinical educators/professional leads.
8:20 prompt start. Estimated finishing time 16:00.
To find out more about the course or for availability, please contact the Simulation Unit.
Fill out our booking form here: Simulation Course Booking Form