Advanced Paediatric Life Support course (APLS)
Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG) Accredited course
Who should attend?
Staff as identified in the Trust's Risk Management Training Needs Analysis:
- Nurse shift leaders in theatres dealing with paediatrics
- ED SAS grades / middle grades / Associate specialists
- ED ST3 and above
- Emergency Medicine Nurses Band 6 & 7 CDH (Excluding ENP's)
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- All Medics (Including Consultants) covering the Paediatric on-call rota
- Paediatric Ward Nurses Band 6, 7 & 8
- Paediatric band 5 nurses routinely acting as shift leaders
- All Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Emergency Nurse Practitioners
How long does certification last?
Provider certification will be valid for four years
You must complete e-learning modules before attending the face-to-face course - information on how to enrol online will be given after a place on the course is confirmed.
Internal candidates where this training is mandatory:
- Trust Consultants, Trust Doctors: no fee payable though your study leave budget may be used. FY1s and FY2s: your study leave budget may be used to fund the cost of this course.
- Nurses, Allied Health Professionals and anyone else employed by the Trust where this training is mandatory: no fee payable.
Application forms must be signed by your Clinical Director or Directorate Manager.
All other staff, including Clinical Attachments and Locum Doctors working at LTH: Fee is payable by the individual. The fee is £560.00. An application form must be completed.