Newborn Life Support (NLS)
Resuscitation Council (UK) Accredited
Who should attend?
Staff as identified in the Trust's Risk Management Training Needs Analysis:
- Consultant Neonatologists
- Neonatal ST3+
- Neonatal nurses band 5/6/7/8
- Community midwives
- CDH midwives
- Delivery Suite core midwives
How long does certification last?
Internal candidates where this training is mandatory: (ie. employed by Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Consultants, Trust Doctors, FY1s and FY2s: no fee payable (though your study leave budget may be used).
- Nurses, Allied Health Professionals and anyone else employed by the Trust where this training is mandatory: no fee payable.
All other staff, including Clinical Attachments and Locum Doctors and external applicants: Fee is payable by the individual. The fee is £160.
Learning Outcomes / Objectives:
- To understand the principles of the management of resuscitation in new born infants during the first 10-20 minutes in a competant manner.
- To allow candidates to learn fundamental skills in this management.